These forms are only to be used by veterinarians who will be consulting directly with Dr. Hunthausen about a client’s pet.
TELEPHONE BEHAVIOR CONSULTATIONS for VETERINARIANS
The service is best suited for the veterinarian who is knowledgeable about animal ethology and behavior therapy techniques, and who is familiar with common behavior problems exhibited by cats and dogs.
Veterinarians interested in companion animal behavior therapy should consider joining the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior (AVSAB).
Payment can be billed to VISA or MasterCard. Fees
Here Is How It Works
1. Contact Dr. Hunthausen to obtain a copy of the canine or feline questionnaire or download here (see above)
2. The client completes the questionnaire and returns it to the referring veterinarian.
3. The referring veterinarian will review the behavioral history, and add his or her comments to the questionnaire, being certain to include any pertinent medical information.
4. The completed questionnaire is mailed or faxed to our office. Please keep a copy for your files.
5. When Dr. Hunthausen has received and reviewed the completed questionnaire, a telephone consultation will be scheduled for the referring veterinarian to call the consultant.
6. The TBCV consultant will assist the referring veterinarian in the diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment of the pet.
7. The referring veterinarian will then schedule a full behavior consultation session with the client to discuss behavioral therapy.
Click on the appropriate form(s) below for your consultation:
- Veterinarian Info Form Be sure to download, fill out and return this form with the history forms. It has info about the service, fees, and information to be filled out by the veterinarian working up the case
- Owner to fill this out for a FELINE behavior problem
- Owner to fill out this form for a CANINE behavior problem